This project began with me hoarding magazine clippings of flowers for 7 years.
I wanted to cover a chair in them, but was waiting for the perfect chair to drop into my life. One day I was driving home and realized it was garbage day in my neighbourhood. I took a detour looking for furniture at curbs and slammed on my breaks when I saw this chair upside down on someone’s lawn. I threw it in the back seat as the neighbours stared, and I smirked gleefully all the way home. The chair has funky mid-century lines.
I washed it and ripped the decomposing upholstery off the seat; there were 3 layers of atrocity to work through, the crowning glory being this exquisite '70s fabric. Needless to say, ew, that was a task and a half.
Then I started gluing the flowers to the surface with Mod Podge.
It took too many hours to count, but it’s exactly the cheerful piece I first imagined oh so long ago!
Here's to the warm and flowery days to come!