INSTAGRAM

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Creation Painting

Once upon a canvas I began painting a glamorously staged room.
I wanted to cover the bottom of the canvas in bright splashes of paint, but since I wasn't sure if it would ruin the effect of the pastel-colored painting or not, I was reluctant. However, my friend suggested I could frame it and splatter the glass with paint instead. Thanks to her genius idea my painting was popped into a frame, although it was a plastic faux wood frame that I immediately painted white.  
I was about to paint a trompe l'oeil ornate design onto the simple white frame, but I realized it wouldn't have the same great texture as the real deal.
The next thing I knew, I was frosting the frame with acrylic modelling paste smooshed into a Ziploc baggie.
I kept building it up, smoothing it out, adding a little white paint here and a little podge there, and sanding the rough edges.
And that is how my art projects usually progress. They are whims of weirdness that end happily ever after! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...