INSTAGRAM

Friday, March 14, 2014

Vintage Baubles Restoration

These costume jewellery necklaces, which were my great-grandma's in the 1960s, have been in my dress up box since I was a toddler. I've always loved their smooth, colorful beads, but I never wore them for real because they were an awkward length. 
I hesitate slightly when it comes to taking a pair of scissors to a vintage item, but, since the necklaces were just sitting uselessly in their jewellery box getting more and more saggy as their string disintegrated, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try to salvage them.
All I had to do was shorten them on some fresh string and now I can wear them as bright, chunky statement necklaces! Plus, there are several beads left over that I can use for another project down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...