INSTAGRAM

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Blog is Born

HEY THERE AND WELCOME! I am so, so, so excited to be starting Creatively Graceful! I have high hopes for this little blog o' mine--thanks for taking time to check it out! I may as well go all metaphoric on you and say how spring is a time for new beginnings. So, I decided to launch my blog today at the start of the lovely season of spring (my favourite time of the year). To get this going, here is some background info on me based on the blog topics:
Art: I’ve always enjoyed drawing and photography, and last year I was in my first two art shows. Fashion: Fabric is one of my favourite mediums, and I think (especially vintage!) garments are works of art (you can check out my Spoonflower shop for some of my fabric designs). I am working on improving my sewing skills because I adore making my own clothes! Literature: I love the intricacies of language. I have had several poems and short stories published, and my favourite authors are Lucy Maud Montgomery and Jane Austen. Decor: I read decor magazines, decorate my room, and I endlessly dream of my future house! Crafts: I love to make stuff! I currently sell my Graceful Cards (handmade greeting cards) and other crafts to friends and family, and am a vendor at a local holiday craft sale. I plan on opening an Etsy store as soon as possible. Nature: I am constantly amazed by the incredible, detailed artistry of God. Don’t be surprised if you ever see me plunk down into a field of flowers and stay there (alone, in blissful awe) all day. It’s a habit. Vintage: The stories behind each vintage piece fascinate me, and it is a thrill to find beautiful bits of the past. Vintage clothing is fabulous. All in all, I have a lot of pent up ideas to share with you and I am pleased to have the opportunity to do so on this blog! Please feel free to subscribe by email and stay in the loop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...