INSTAGRAM

Monday, August 26, 2013

Doodle, Fabric, Frame

I had this ornate white frame sitting empty on my shelf for several weeks, and, unsure of what to put in it, I whipped this up. I used a black marker, pink pencil crayon, and some cardstock to make the cat drawing. Then, to make it a little more interesting, I added the pink calico bow that I made out of a scrap of the fabric. The idea of adding fabric to a plain drawing could be altered in numerous ways to make whatever image you like. The simple portrait of this self-satisfied kitty in his fancy frame makes me chuckle every time I look at it. An inexpensive DIY artwork, if it makes you smile, is the best kind of décor. It certainly doesn't take much effort to fill a frame with cuteness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...